This job is no longer available.
|Sr. SAN Engineer||Visual Soft, Inc.||McLean VA 22101 USA||Full Time|
Be personally responsible for the support of three physically separate SAN infrastructures and work alongside other storage managers to help support several additional enclaves. Environments consist of EMC and Cisco SAN products. Other duties include:
• Evaluate current infrastructure for refresh to meet future requirements.
• Assist other system and network engineers in monitoring the storage network capacity, performance and stability and other day-to-day storage management needs.
• Maintain configurations and security sets.
• Interface with vendor technicians on preventive maintenance schedules and upgrades.
• Work with the backup administrator and systems admin to increase the efficiency of backup, restore, and archive methodologies.
• Review and revise continuity of operations and disaster recovery capabilities.
• Prepare and maintain accurate documentation.
Visual Soft, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Requires TS/SCI/FSP - VSCC
Requires documented working experience with EMC Corporation enterprise storage arrays and hands-on capabilities with Cisco Systems 9513 or Brocade Corporation DCS core directors. Familiarity with EMC Data Domain also required.
Candidate should be a strong technical writer with experience in requirements gathering and working directly with customers.
|Security Clearances:||Top Secret/SCI with Full-scope Polygraph|
|Contact Name:||Visual Soft HR Recruiting|