This job is no longer available.
|Computer Science/Electrical Engineer||Olgoonik||Arlington VA 22201 USA||Full Time|
Education/Knowledge and/or Experience:
• BS/BA or advanced degree in computer engineering, computer science, information systems or a related IT-discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience, or Electrical/Electronic Engineering with experience in network infrastructure designs and developments.
• An Associate’s degree or technical certificate in computer engineering, computer science, information systems and five years experience as described above; or
• Five years of application configuration, software testing and development, systems architecture, and systems integration experience.
• A minimum of three years of managing the full lifecycle of technical projects in a research and development setting.
• Must possess knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of systems-level and application-level software engineering and systems integration.
• Must understand software development Operating System-dependent and language-dependent best practices for multithreading, interprocess communication, I/O, resource management, and integration of third-party platforms using various means such as sockets, databases, files, pipes, or web services.
• Extensive experience in software development in both Linux and Windows environment, to include software design, development, component and system testing.
• Proficient in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, HTML, Java, Xcode, and MATLAB
• Experience in one or more of the following languages a plus: Visual C# or Python.
• Windows API or kernel level knowledge of the Windows operating system a plus.
• Familiarity with embedded development in C or C++ and working knowledge of additional languages for embedded development a plus.
• Must possess CCNA-level knowledge of TCP/IP-based networking concepts to include transport-level protocols, routing/switching, sub-netting, NAT, firewall rules, VPN, and wireless.
• Must understand wireless broadband IP-based technologies that include cellular transmission methods (GSM, GPRS, HSPA, and CDMA).
• Knowledge of video streaming technologies.
• Knowledge of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle systems a plus.
• Experience with developing software for remote control of existing sensors or other third-party equipment, to include “inputdev” or device driver development in either the Linux or Windows operating system a plus.
• Knowledge of standards and approaches involved in high-level systems integration, such as SOAP/REST/CORBA/ODBC.
• Ability and strong desire to rapidly learn new hardware/firmware/software architectures.
• Experience with desktop or web GUI development is highly desired.
• Experience with low-level development for RIM, IOS, and Android operational environment a plus.
• Advance knowledge of new and emerging technology related to security technology systems is required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of test design techniques and produce concept of operations (CONOPS), and tactics techniques, and procedures (TTP) a plus.
• Must be able to establish and maintain intra-organizational and external contacts.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
SECRET Level Required
• Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
|Experience Required:||5 yrs|
|Contact Name:||Colleen Ward-Wilson|